Thursday, November 10, 2011

Industrial Corkscrew

UPDATE:  This corkscrew was sold on Ebay to a major collector from Romania.  Pretty cool that this will be in a collection 5000 miles away. 
These are still avaliable, made to order, on my Etsy page here.

I neglected to take any pictures while making this, so I'll try to explain the process instead.  On a whim I bought a couple of corkscrew blanks from a seller on Ebay.  Once I got them I wasn't sure what to do with them.  I had some diamond pattern tubing laying around, so I decided to use that as a handle.  The end caps are washers, held together with bolts and a coupling nut in the middle.  All of the nuts were "welded" together with JB Weld.  These are for sale on Etsy and Ebay.  Check my "For Sale" page for links.


No comments:

Post a Comment